Welcome to the team!
Thank you so much for your interest in our Global Program in India! We're so excited to have you on board and looking forward to meeting & working with you all over the coming months. It was an incredibly competitive field of applicants and we believe that we selected a diverse team with a variety of skill-sets and experience levels who will compliment each other.
Our hope is that you will learn from one-another, our Global partner organisation SISP and their volunteers, as well as the local community and be able to build a solid foundation for PCFML in India and walk away from this experience having increased your knowledge, skills, as well as your ability to lead and manage a global project.
As a Global Program Coordinator you will be:
- Running all of our projects on the ground in Kovalam and Vizhinjam (as outlined in our 5-year Masterplan);
- Running PCFML's Marine Conservation Centre;
- The key points of contact for PCFML's Indian branch;
- Developing and implementing campaign strategies;
- Managing volunteers / staff and developing workplans, Gantt Charts and rosters for volunteers and staff;
- Managing budgets;
- Networking with a variety of stakeholders both at a community level, as well as within the business and government sectors;
- Contributing to web and social media content;
- Writing grants, applying for funding and ensuring that we can keep our projects financially afloat through consistent and expanding local and international funding opportunities;
- Managing our bank accounts;
- Liaising with our Indian-based Directors to ensure strong local governance;
- Feeding back consistent information to the Australian team;
- Managing local relationships;
- Local media releases, radio and TV interviews;
- Assisting to coordinate our Global Ambassador Adventures and international skill-sharing programs.
The following pages outline local travel information, timelines, crowdfunding advice and tips, team contact details and profiles, as well as a program outline and schedule in the lead-up to your arrival in India this April. If you have any questions or require further information, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Karl, Mohan, Courtney & the PCFML Team.