ALL DONATIONS MADE TO OUR GLOBAL PROGRAMS ARE NOW TAX-DEDUCTIBLE IN AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND THE USA!
With the launch of our 5-year Masterplan in India this year, we are excited to have employed our full time team and to have opened our Marine Conservation Centre on the ground in Kovalam (located within one of the world’s 10 Marine Biodiversity Hotspots).
In 2018, 158 incredible individuals and businesses supported us to get our full-time program off the ground and running, however we need ongoing funds to keep the program growing and to assist us in:
Growing our de-centralised waste collection and management system;
Developing our composting and aquaponic systems (made from recycled plastics through our plastic extrusion and shredding machines);
Ensuring the remediation of Vizhinjam Estuary (Gangaya);
Running our ongoing education, employment and training programs to shift the community toward healthier oceans and a more prosperous future!
Will you assist us to reach our goals?
PCFML is a partner for Project B069 Marine Conservation Masterplan with Global Development Group (ABN 57 102 400 993), an Australian NGO approved by the Minister for Foreign Affairs. Tax deductible receipts for gifts over $2 will be issued by Global Development Group. Excess funds may be directed to another approved activity. Please note, no non-development (evangelistic, political or welfare) activities are a part of, or funded by, GDG projects.
More information: www.gdg.org.au
Your contribution will help us:
* Develop the first waste plastic management system as part of our 'Project: Clean Vizhinjam' and 'Project: Clean Kovalam' campaigns. The program will employ two staff from within the community at each location to oversee the projects;
* Employ 10 local people to transition away from exploitative industries (fishing), towards industries which conserve the ocean and local waterways (waste management, teaching, eco-tourism);
* Fund river health and water quality testing for the initial phase of our estuary rehabilitation project in Vizhinjam;
* Kick-start our waste and marine conservation community education programs and workshops;
* Help us commence our 'Single-use free for the Sea' project with local businesses in Kovalam.
From the local communities of Kovalam and Vizhinjam to the rivers, estuaries, coastlines and marine life of the region, thank you for your support for a region in desperate need!
Photography © Positive Change for Marine Life 2019